Lemony Courgetter, Caper & Herb Yorkshire Pasta Salad.
This new Yorkshire Mayonnaise with Lemon adds just the right amount of zing to this summer salad. We love it! This easy recipe is perfect for any summer get together and can be very quickly put together with just three steps.
Fusilli works so fabulously in pasta salad recipes, as these spirals are just the best for sauce holding. In this dish you get a taste of Lemon mayo in each and every mouthful!
This dish can be made in advance and be kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side salad.
- 150g of Yorkshire Pasta Fusilli
- 2 Tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Lemon
- 2 Courgettes, finely sliced – we used a mandolin to get the fine slices we needed.
- 3 heaped Tbsp (around 80g) of Yorkshire Mayonnaise with Lemon
- 75g Capers, in brine and drained.
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts, lightly toasted.
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- A generous handful of chopped fresh chives, flat leaf Parsley and Dill.
Step by Step Instructions
Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions and make sure it’s a firm ‘al dente’ texture, and then drain and cool completely.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, take a frying pan or griddle pan and heat the Lemon Oil over a medium hob heat. Cook the courgette slices until they are cooked through and slightly charred. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
When ready to assemble the salad, mix together the pasta with the chopped herbs, capers, pine nuts, spring onions, and then gently toss the courgette slices through the dish.
Add in your Yorkshire Mayonnaise with Lemon and season to taste. Stir through and serve.