Pasta alla Penne with Yorkshire Pasta, Yorkshire Pecorino Fiore and Sloemotion Vodka
Combining award winning Yorkshire produce creates a remarkable version of this classic dish. The rich creaminess of fiore and deep tomato flavour are balanced by subtle botanical end notes. Its sublime! Our robust pasta draped in this unctuous sauce will certainly have you back to the pan for second helpings.
- 150g of Yorkshire Pasta No.2 Penne
- 2 tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- A quarter if a tsp dried chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 100g tomato puree
- 75g salted butter
- 75ml Hedgerow botanical vodka
- 100ml Hesper natural skyr or creme fraiche
- 50g grated Yorkshire Pecorino Fiore or parmesan or vegetarian alternative, plus extra to serve
- small handful of basil leaves, to serve
Step by Step Instructions
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add tour shallots. Allow them to gently fry over a low heat for around 8 minutes until soft and translucent.
Whilst the shallots soften, put your pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook to packet instructions.
Add the garlic, salt and chilli flakes to your shallots and gently fry got 30 seconds, then stir through the tomato puree and butter until incorporated and add the vodka, simmer for 3 minutes.
Quickly stir though the skyr and remove from the heat whilst you drain the pasta, keeping a mug og cooking liquid to one side.
Over a low heat, add your pasta, along with the chees ad a ladle of cooking liquid to your sauce. Toss together, adding a little more cooking liquid to loosen if necessary.
Season to taste, then serve with a sprinkling of the extra cheese, black pepper and use basil leaves to garnish.